Tuesday 16 March 2010

Day 4







Alarm bell rang at 0720hrs. A quick shower and beans on toast for breakfast. The path was much easier to follow today that at times passed through villages, climbed cliffs and rambled through forests. The weather was forecasted cloud until approx 1500hrs when rain was predicted. And sure enough the prediction came true. However, I stocked up with food from the little village of Niton and when the weather was changing I hid in a brick hut in the middle of a recently harvested field.
It started to hail and the temperature dropped dramatically. I pulled out my sleeping bag and started to read my book and wait for the weather to pass. At 1600hrs I packed up and continued walking watching the sun lower in front of me.
This part of the southern coast was beautiful. I had to pass around and through some chines. I was told by some locals that there has been landslides in the last couple of days and these were clearly noticeable. I was reluctant to camp right on the edge of the cliff but I found a nice spot a few yards away and watch the sun drop. I love wild camping! 15 miles covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment