Tuesday 16 March 2010

Day 2




I was up early as I planned to get through Portsmouth before rush hour. The sun was shining and I was in a much better mood. The roads were quiet and cycling enjoyable. After getting lost a few times the Portsmouth spire could be seen in the distance. I decided to head due south and then follow the harbour around until I get to the hover craft crossing.

The hovercraft only takes 10 mins in comparison to the 40 mins boat ride. However, the hovercraft would not allow me on with my bike for another couple of hours so I had no choice but to get the boat. After a smooth crossing I disembarked and began my 10 mile ride to Bembridge, which is on the East of the island and my start of the hike.

My accommodation for the night was a floor of a friends summerhouse at the end of the garden. There was no power in the shed so I spoke to the neighbour that should they see a torch shinning in next doors garden to not call the police as it was just me. The neighbour was so sweet. She made me endless cups of tea and offered me breakfast in the morning.

I packed my bags in preparation for the hike the following day and headed of to a pub to watch the Man Utd vs. Milan.

No comments:

Post a Comment